Florida Keys Fun Fishing and Capt. Mark Johnson are proud of their boats and equipment. Professional charter boat fishing in Islamorada is a business that demands quality and dependability. Like any other small business, the tools of the trade can make or break you. Remember that cliché, “you get what you pay for” , the fishing business is no different. If you buy junk, you get junk and if you don’t maintain your equipment, it only breaks when you are busy.
“Contrary to popular belief, as a professional fisherman, our boats and equipment are not free, and when my money is being spent, I want the best equipment possible. The same gear I tournament fish with is the same gear I guide with. My tackle is tried and true, 100 times over. There is no double standard. All things break under long periods of stress, but minimal down time is key.” Capt. Mark Johnson
Florida Keys Fun Fishing and Capt. Mark Johnson have been a leader in the Florida Keys Fishing industry for many years. Based in Islamorada, an area heavily saturated with Florida Keys Fishing guides, our Lake and Bay Boats, Biscayne Rods, and other top of the line equipment doesn’t go unnoticed in the Florida Keys Charter Fishing Industry. Matching that with our quality service, and family friendly attitude, Florida Keys Fun Fishing has stayed busy even during the tough economic years of the recent past and present time.
- Islamorada Boatworks Bay Boats….By far the best ride, solid construction, and most versatile Bayboat on the market today! From Seatrout to Sailfish, my bay boats do it all!
- Mercury Marine…My Lake and Bay would be incomplete without my 300 Verado. The quietness, fuel efficiency, and dependability keeps me going everyday. Not to mention, it’s FAST!
- Biscayne Rods…The last custom fishing rod manufacturer that prides itself on being built 100% in the United States, since 1948. You can’t own just one!
- AFTCO…From shoes, shorts, shirts, gloves, and terminal tackle…to Guy Harvey swag!! A standard in the saltwater fishing world and found on my Lake and Bay everyday!
- Daiwa Reels…matches the quality of my Biscayne Rods and surpasses the “rigorous beating” they take daily. Outfitted from 10lb-50lb, spinning, conventional, and kite reels available.
- Owner Hooks…simply the best hook made for all applications of the Florida Keys Charter Fishing industry and used by many top Islamorada Fishing Guides daily!
- Mirrolure…Just launched some incredible new plastics..Lil Jon and Provoker are two of my favorites!
- Custom Hand Tied Saltwater Flies…made for fisherman by fisherman who actually fish here!! Fly Fishing in the Florida Keys is no easy task..and quality flies are a must!! Definitely worth the investment.